Many people are now having financial difficulties. If you are not earning enough from your current job and you want to be equipped for a better job, you can find free online classes in the field you want to work in.
Online schooling can give you an entry in that field where you can then get experience and more advanced training. Even Harvard University, MIT, and UC Berkley have free online classes available for everyone.
Most free online classes do not have set schedules. You can watch and study modules on your own time. You can, therefore, stay in your current job while studying. Once you have gained enough qualifications, you can apply for the job you want and quit your current one.
If you do not have a laptop and you cannot afford one, don’t worry. You can work on an iPad or an android laptop. Many students have successfully managed online schooling using these devices.
A study of 1,500 students found that 50% use tablets and mobile phones to get access to course content, 45% use them to gain access to the learning management system, 41% use them for research, and 40% use them to do assignments.
You can get a used tablet at a much lower price than a used laptop. Also, you can ask around among friends and relatives. They may have an old tablet that they would be willing to give to you for free. Even if it has a cracked screen, you will not spend much to have an Android tablet’s screen or an iPad’s screen repaired.
If you need to write long papers that are difficult to do on a tablet, you can go to a public library to use a laptop for free.
Tips to Succeed in Online Schooling
1. Get organized and create a study schedule. Schedule your classes according to your job schedule but ensure that the time you allot for classes is undivided.
2. Use a planner to keep track of your assignments and due dates.
3. Create a dedicated study space in your home. You must be comfortable but not be tempted to lie down and sleep. Insulate yourself from noise. Wear headphones or earphones if you cannot find a quiet place.
4. Get rid of distractions by silencing your phone and disconnecting from social media. Find a place where you are alone. If there are other people in the same household, request them not to disturb you during your study time.
5. Take breaks and allow yourself time to relax. Stand up and stretch now and then. That will also refresh your mind.
6. Join an online study group or connect with a tutor for help. They will also help you stay on track with your lessons.
7. Be proactive and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
8. Find supplemental materials to help you understand the material better.
9. Keep up with the readings and assignments even if you don’t understand everything perfectly. Write down your questions so that you can seek clarity from the instructor or you can look for answers online.
10. Quiz yourself frequently to gauge your understanding of the material covered so far.
11. Find a way to make the material interesting to you. If you are not interested in the subject, it will be more difficult to learn. If you cannot make yourself interested in the subject, that means you need to pursue a different field.
12. Take advantage of the resources available to you. Many online courses have forums where students can interact with each other and ask questions.
13. Use technology to your advantage. There are many apps that can help you study better or keep track of your assignments.
14. Make use of free online resources such as Khan Academy, Coursera, and Udemy.
15. Be patient with yourself and don’t get discouraged if you don’t understand something immediately. It takes time to adjust to a new learning environment.
16. Set realistic goals for yourself and celebrate your accomplishments.
17. Manage your time wisely and learn to say “no” to distractions. You will have enough time to go on those nights out once you have achieved your goal.
18. Don’t procrastinate and avoid leaving things until the last minute. You will not be able to give it your best if you rush an assignment.
19. Get enough sleep and exercise regularly to keep your mind and body healthy.
20. Take care of yourself and find ways to destress.
21. Have a positive attitude and be resilient in the face of difficulties.
22. Be patient when waiting for feedback from instructors. They are also busy with their own lives outside of work or school.
23. Check your course syllabus frequently so that you are aware of upcoming deadlines.
24. Start working on assignments as soon as they are assigned so that you don’t have to cram everything at the last minute.
25. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Many people are willing to help you succeed in your studies.
Study Your Way to Success
Online schooling can be a great way to get ahead in your career. It is essential to stay organized and dedicated when taking classes online. Make use of available resources, and don’t be afraid to ask for help when needed. With these tips, you will be on your way to success in online schooling and a new career.