In the 21st century, people are more health-conscious when it comes to day-to-day living. People are more aware that being more organic is helping their bodies and helping the environment.
According to the Organic Trade Association, organic food sales skyrocketed to a record of $43 billion. The sales in organic food boosted the economy, and it helped a lot in agriculture and businesses. You might want to consider starting an organic juice bar and smoothie business.
So why are people going organic?
Organic Food is expensive but is also free of:
- Toxic Pesticides
- Synthetic Fertilizers
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
- No antibiotics
- No Growth Hormones
The people who produce organic food go through a process wherein it is ensured that these chemicals are not found in the meat or vegetables.
The appeal of knowing that these chemicals or toxins are not found in organic food makes the consumers want to buy it.
Another reason why going organic is good is your body can benefit from more nutrients such as the following:
The human body needs this to function and boosts its immunity from harmful things.
As mentioned above, things like antibiotics and other drugs in animal products can be detrimental to your body. There is about a 90% chance that Americans who eat ordinary meat and dairy products have consumed pesticides, and it is in their system.
Almost all the pesticides come from:
- Non-organic meat
- Non-organic poultry
- Non-free-ranged eggs
- Non-organic dairy products
Most farmers use a mixture of growth hormones, drugs, feeds, and high grain diets to make their livestock grow faster, get bigger, and produce more milk. These farmers cheat their way up so that they can get more money out of it.
The living conditions of animals who are fed with drugs and hormones are usually not good. They will have the possibility of getting a disease that humans would then consume, which gives humans a higher risk.
Organic vs. Non-Organic
What to expect in Organic Food:
- They are grown with natural fertilizers
- Weeds are managed consistently through crop rotation
- There is no use of pesticides to control pests; instead, they let nature take its course.
- Animals are fed with good food, free from harmful toxins and GMOs.
- Animals are free to do whatever they want.
- Killing them in a humane way
- They are planted with synthetic and chemical fertilizers
- The use of biochemical herbicides manages weeds.
- The use of harmful pesticides to control the pests
- Again animals are given hormones to boost growth, and they are fed bad food
- Animals are locked up in small spaces, which is a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses.
- They are killed in an inhumane way.
Paying a high price for your health is one investment you can make. Look for meat that is 100% grass-fed. Organic doesn’t mean buying expensive food at WholeFoods; the best way to find organic food is in farmer’s markets.
An organic lifestyle doesn’t necessarily mean food. Having an organic lifestyle means cutting away things that are detrimental to the environment.
Here are organic products you can use at home:
- Organic Toothbrush
- Biodegradable Garden Pots
- Clothes made from recycled fabrics
- Eco-bags for shopping
- Wooden Straws
- Compost Pail
- Organic tampons
- Bamboo Utensils
- Reusable Make-Up Removing Pads
- Collapsible Straws
- Eco Dental Floss
- Shampoo Bars and Conditioners
- Organic Sunscreen
- Diva Cups
Using organic products can be a massive help in gearing towards a green and eco-friendly lifestyle.
The term eco-friendly and organic goes side by side. Not only are you consuming food that has more nutrients and fewer pesticides, you are also using products that can save the planet.
Ways To Have an Organic Lifestyle:
- Consuming Only Organic Foods. As mentioned above, consuming organic food is a healthier option than eating processed foods. Would you rather spend on expensive food and be healthy, or would you instead spend so much on hospital bills because of your choices in food?
- Growing an Organic Garden. One of the ways you can save money on food is by growing them in your backyard. Growing food like lettuce, tomatoes, garlic, and onions in your backyard can help you because you are the one who spent time nourishing them, and you know you did not use harmful chemicals to grow them.
- Using of Organic Cleaning Products. There are so many organic cleaning products in the market right now. You can also use cheap alternatives such as vinegar, baking soda, etc. It is safe for the users, and it can help save the environment.
- Organic Beauty Products. Beauty products have so many chemicals in them and can be harmful to the wearer’s skin. Make sure you are using beauty products that have not been tested on animals.
Having an organic lifestyle does not mean you are eating healthy; it also means that you want your food and the products you use to be clean and safe.